Saturday, April 3, 2010

Movie review: Clash of the Titans

Two words best describe this current blockbuster: too dark. I’m not talking about the battle of evil vs good, I’m referring to the failure of this movie photographically. There are too many shadows, dark spaces, and dim lighting that the film suffers. If I was editing the movie, I would have upped the brightness level by 5-10%. If you really can’t see the actor’s mouth, you really can’t hear what they’re saying.

Even watching it in 3-D had no charms for me. Compared to Avatar, COTT is like one of those bad Japanese sixties movies that is all effects and nothing in dialogue. The 1981 version is a far better movie to watch. It has more pace, character, and imagination.

So if I was classifying this movie, what would I give it? D for Dud. The movie producers can release the Kraken on me or send me to Hades, but it would be far too dark for me to see or care.

No comments: